APPLY FOR: Copywriter
A Copywriter is a professional who writes clear, concise copy for ads and marketing materials. They work closely alongside web and graphic designers to ensure their message is clear. Copywriters, or Marketing Writers, are responsible for producing engaging, clear text for different advertising channels.
- Researching keywords
- Producing interesting written content
- Proofreading work for accuracy and quality
- Create written content
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Uses data-driven marketing to guide all copy decisions
- Develops and maintains the brand voice and tone
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximise copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
- Works on multiple projects at once
- Excels at project management
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- At least 3 years of agency or in-house copywriting experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Communicates effectively and has strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Knows how to write in a brand’s voice and tone.
- Follows the brand style guide.
- Uses qualitative and quantitative analysis to guide content decisions
- Develops strong working relationships
- Collaborative spirit
- Knows how to use popular digital marketing tools, including content management software, search engine optimisation software, and website analytics software.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field